500 Photos

Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Books

Luis, for those who don't know, is by far my most avid reader. Fred's persistence makes him a real close second. Luis will be played by Antonio Bandaras if a movie is ever made of my blog. I will be played by Hugh Jackman, Angela by Rachel McAdams, Michelle by Shania Twain and Jon by Denzel Washington. Fred, who I have no clue what he looks like, will be played by.... hmmm.... I guess Clint Howard. My two girls will be played by CGI characters created by James Cameron.

I got sidetracked. Luis mentioned a book I was reading. It is a studio lighting book. So here is a list of the photography books I keep on my desk.

Posing for Portrait Photography by Jeff Smith
Master Posing Guide for Portrait Photographers by JD Wacker
Posing and Lighting Techniques for Studio Portrait Photography by JJ Allen
Lighting Techniques for Low Key Photography by Norman Phillips
Posing Techniques for Digital Portraits by Jeff Smith
Adobe Photoshop CS2 User Guide
Photoshop Restoration and Retouching by Katrin Eismann

The last one is the one I refer to the most. The Low Key is the one I am currently working through.

This January has been my best January ever, and actually one of my better months ever. I had two sales last night, must have been near midnight, because one was for Saturday, one for Sunday, so my streak is 7. My best February is 53 back in '08. These numbers only refer to Shutterstock.

Low Key photography is my favorite style.

I am still learning the lighting for it. I love the moodiness of it.

Six degrees of seperation. It's a theory that everyone is seperated from everyone else on Earth by six steps. The people I know are one step from me. The people they know are two steps away. The people they know are three steps, etc etc. The reason I bring this up is because I acted with Jeremy Sisto. Now I find he was in a film with Nathan Fillion, the star of Castle. So I am two steps from him.

So it's time to get ready for church. Talk to y'all tomorrow.

1 comment:

Luis Santos said...

Cool photo! I have seen a few pictures regarding that light key, never tried it, don't know nothing in fact.. I will buy the last book you have referred, gotta read something new!