500 Photos

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

There's Dog Pooh on the Floor

It's Chelle's Dog,
Called Cinnamin,
She's a poohin' dog,
It's a smelly sin,

It's in the corner,
On the Rug,
Lil' brown logs,
In a pile so snug,

The kids found it,
Can't hold 'em back,
Larissa eats 'em,
Like a snack,

Repoohed pooh,
For later today,
I'll be at work,
Thankfully away,

I'll wrap 'em up,
Wrap 'em tight,
Put 'em on Chelle's pillow,
Later tonight.

*bows* Thank you, thank you. That is from my collection of poems called "Babysitting the Dog", available at Amazon.com later this year. To find inspiration for your own poems, send me your address and I will ship you a pregnant chihuahua dog.

I was up way past my bedtime last night. I uploaded 5 photos, and two were accepted. I had a feeling one would be rejected, but I was actually kinda shocked at two of them, cropping and composition. So my total sits at 216, with 352 days to go.

This is a photo I had approved about a week ago, and become my fastest selling "blog" photo. I was actually playing golf with my brother, Martin. Whenever I go golfing with him, I usually get some pretty good photos, not of him, because he doesn't look like a golfer, he looks the underpaid no-name wrestler who gets beat up by Hulk Hogan. This one was taken a little less then a year ago I believe, I asked him to place the ball as close to the hole as possible, keeping the logo to the side to eliminate as much post-processing as possible. I angled myself so there was a space between the hole and the ball and started shooting. It was pretty close to noon, hence the harsh light on the ball. I also had Martin pose,


As you can see, I have some post-processing to do on this photo. Lighting, ball reflection on his nose, skin conditions, the dirt and grass around hole, the logo on the ball, I want to replace the sky with a blue sky, and of course I need a model release. The last one is the hardest. I already see I lot of potential with this photo. So Martin if you're reading this, I'll email release and you print, sign, scan and send back. If you're not reading this then... Mom, call down to your basement and get Martin to print, sign, scan and send back a model release.

If you look around the page (for you regulars) you may start to see some changes, some I like, and some I'll probably change. For one, I don't like the text ads to your right, so I'll probably switch to photo ads only. Above that is a new counter. Actually a feedburner counter, counts people subscribed to this blog. You'll see it has a 4-5 person variation on some days, because the earlier I write my blog, the more readers I have. That depends on the bot that delivers your feed. Yahoo didn't pick up the post yesterday for 8 hours. I may also be changing the background, I have started to before, but I just can't seem to commit to one I like. If you see something you don't like, or something you would like to see, comment and I'll fix. I rarely see any of these things, because the post entry page is a blank white page, you guys get the pretty stuff.

Well, that's it for today, except to say....

It's Chelle's dog,
In the dining room,
I found a 'nother pile,
Of her little brown boom-boom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with other readers, that say you get away from the topic of photography. You spend to much time insulting people, especially the people you photograph. I would be afraid of models and famous people suing you. And the things your kids do are not cute, they just show what a bad parent you are( Larrisa eating pooh). What you write does effect others. So take some friendly advice, and think before you write.

Luis Santos said...

LOL! Why being Anonymous? Forget this.. I love your posts!