500 Photos

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Good Morning

Good Morning. I am up bright and early and cold. Currently 19 out here today, or translated as 13 degrees below freezing. Or as they say in Canada, swimsuit weather.

I'd like to welcome Salt Lake City to my readership.

I did shoot the heart shaped box last night. Don't have my black background because it is still down at the church. So I used an old roll of black paper I had in a closet. The problem I have always had with the paper is it reflects too much light, making for a "glossy" grey background. So I tried the light painting technique, which made the heart look great, really enriched the red, but the background is just horrible. So now I must decide to either erase the background, or reshoot with a new background. The rate I shoot, a reshoot would be ready around Easter. So, a background erase is my best bet.

In the meantime, I was looking for the heart shaped box when I came across a model release I had misplaced. It was a gentlemen I had shot at the lake at Peidmont Park in Atlanta. I was nearing the end of my shoot for model/agency director Tyron Coachman. He was changing shirts for a shot on the bridge when a couple of men came walking by. They asked if I was a photographer and if I would shoot the one guy's photo. I said sure, had the other guy fill out the release while I shot the first guy. A couple shots were pretty decent, so I uploaded them last night. Both shots were accepted, making my total 211.

His skin was horrible, had several blackish blemishes and plenty of pimples. Took me a little while to clean up. The shot here was my favorite of this guy, I like the way the reflection in the lake kind of highlights him.

BTW, I did sell a couple last night to keep my streak alive, but now I face the dreaded Sunday Zero. Sunday sales are hard to come by for me, so if I can get one today and next sunday, I stand a chance of a good streak.

This is Tyron Coachman


I recruited him for a shoot I hosted in Atlanta a couple years ago. He was very persistent. He was running late and called me every 5 minutes to update me on where he was. He ended up coming at the end of the shoot and I ended up shooting with him more then the other photographers, which was great, because I am not a people person, and he knew exactly what he wanted, and what I was looking for. He called me back last year and we had another shoot with just him where I got a ton of great photos. This one above is my favorite of him. I changed to black and white because the green in the ivy was overpowering, and there was something about the shadows and his expression that just give him a menacing Denzel Washington look. He called me back one last time around September I believe to shoot one of his models, Danielle. I didn't get a release on her, so I couldn't upload, but I got some great shots of her. Last I heard of Tyron he had found a new photographer, a lot closer to Atlanta then I am.

Which reminds me, I had started plans for a shoot in Providence State Park (Little Grand Canyon) on the border of Georgia and Alabama. I was going to have a few models in outdoor/hiker style clothes, and invite a select few photographers. Maybe I'll get basics together later.

And I was "hired" to shoot engagement photos for an officer at Lee State Prison, where I used to work, not reside.

Anywho, time to get ready for church. Going to hear Jon preach on the 2 "have"s and 3 heads of "let us".

1 comment:

Luis Santos said...

nice shoots! on the first have you use any lighting equipment? once you were unprepared right?