500 Photos

Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Reasons

I would like to welcome my 19th country, but to be honest, I can't tell who it is... I believe it's Austria. Also Phoenix, Arizona has joined the crowd.

I had a long day of thinking today, thanks to a comment yesterday. It kind of teed me off. For those of you who know me, I joke around about everything and anything, you will rarely find me being serious about much. So to make a funny poem about my kids eating pooh, the chance of that happening is slim.

For those of you who don't know me, I have a phobia of phones, not the phones themselves, but actually making a call. I rarely call people, and if I do, it's because it's something I really want to do. I prefer texting, email, or in person.

For those who didn't read my first posts early on and a reminder for those who did, or maybe just to clarify myself....

1. This is not a photography blog. This is a blog about my day to day "adventure" of achieving 500 photos on Shutterstock. So my life does not revolve around photos, it revolves around my kids, Angela, work, church, movies, so on and so forth. What I post here is usually stuff that distracts me from achieving my goal.
2. My goal is not to be funny, but that is who I am, so you get what you pay for, and you are not paying for this (I don't think you are) so there.
3. I am by no means an expert at photography, so if you are coming here for cool little tips and tricks, you're in the wrong place. I will occasionally give tips on things I know, and so far I have 30 posts and have given one tip, so I have a 3% knowledge base.
4. When I write about someone having bad skin that I have photographed, it is a reference to the amount of work I do in photoshop to repair the skin to make the photo sellable. I am not insulting the person, I am making a general statement that people who work on photoshop can understand.
5. I love movies, so when I see a great movie, I usually want people around me to be able to share the same "excitement" and "awe" that experienced, so you will find me speaking of movies a lot.
6. I hate being ticked off. Those of you who know me know that I rarely get mad or angry, but watch out when I do.
7. The readers I want here are the ones who will support me and encourage me to achieve my goal, that is the entire reason I started the blog.
8. I use the program "Statcounter" to track my readers. I can track country, state, and city of readers. That is how I know how many countries have read my blog, which cities they are in (hi Phoenix). That is all the information I get. However, when you live in certain areas, such as relatives, I know EXACTLY who is reading my blog. You may be anonymous in name, but I know if you are an avid reader, or just a one-time reader. I know when I lose a reader (bye Fred from N.C.) and when I gain one (Russia, my newest daily reader).

So in short, if you read it and don't like it, go away. I am looking for support for my goal. I will post any comment anyone makes (except spam) but when it comes to how I raise my kids, you better watch out, I take their welfare very seriously. For those of you who are staying, thank you, for

A. being quiet and enjoying my posts
2. clicking on ads and making me money
III. commenting encouragement and reminding me when I am off course (Fred and Luis)
Four. sending me brownies
Next. just being you
G. not taking me seriously, I wanna make you laugh to keep you coming back, but I am not always good at it

Here is a photo I took a couple years ago and uploaded. Would do excellent.... but I forgot a key keyword...

...suicide. Don't even have death, either. I am horrible at keywording, probably one of the reasons for my bad sales. So if you get stuck on keywords like I do, try Yuri Arcurs keywording program. It's free.

Oh yeah... btw.... I SOLD TWO PHOTOS while writing my blog... I should get mad more often....

1 comment:

Luis Santos said...

It happens a lot with myself when doing keywording, I guess someone knows that we are working or doing something besides nothing and buy a pic so we continue motivated..!
BTW hi Fred! :)