500 Photos

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ignore me....

Just kidding :)

This is my second post of the day... a first for me. I debated deleting the first one, but I decided that I already said it, I was mad, and I was venting. So, I'm over it now, back to business.



This is Tyron. I have sold more of this guy then all my other models added together. Not only is he a pretty decent lookin' guy, he does his own makeup, making post-processing easy. He also is a master-poser, and I don't mean the skateboarding kind of poser. You give him a location, maybe a little prop (like this globe) and he just goes to town.

I've been going through the files of our last shoot, and I am finding plenty to upload. The reason, I guess, I didn't upload them before, was because I only worked on the photos he wanted, so I just ignored the rest. So now I have 400 photos to go through. Of course a good chunk of them are similar poses, in which case I just choose the best and ignore the rest. I'm not like some who take 10 shots and upload all ten, I shot 10 and choose the one that is the best.

And to top it off, he directed a shoot for me with a nice young lady named Danielle, and I didn't have model releases with me, so now I have 500 or so photos on my hard drive that are just sitting and waiting for me to get off my lazy bottom and send her a release and hope she signs. Here is one of my favorite shots of her....


This is one of my first attempts at a multi-layer comp like this. Tyron's idea was to shoot her in the park, and then photoshop her onto the beach. I attempted the beach and just couldn't get it to look right. Here is the original shot...


So I had this neat little texture shot I had of a shipwreck I had taken on a trip to the Outer Banks. I angled it in transform, and then altered the color to look like rock. I then selected the black shadow from between the pieces of wood and replaced them with red for a "lava" look. I then added the green moon to the background. It was a planet I created in the sphere-ize filter plugin I have. I then added a duplicate layer of Danielle and then motion blurred it, changed it to green to match the moon and added it behind her, shifted slightly to side. Lastly, I added the shadow that you see falling behind her.

I tried another comp on a shot of Tyron, similar to this...

I added the moon, red this time, extended the platform he was standing on, and I added his name onto the monument behind him.

Wow, is it really this late.... going to bed. Night.

1 comment:

Luis Santos said...

nice photos! futuristic backgrounds :)