500 Photos

Monday, January 18, 2010

Read My Blog and You Could Win $1,000,000

The secret to winning? Read this entire blog today then go and buy some lottery tickets. You could win a $1,000,000.

So if you go back to yesterday's post, you'll see how awful I did on the Globes guessing. I am normally pretty good, I guess it's because I was bragging (or am I sandbagging for the Oscar contest coming up?)
Couple of surprise winners, Hangover and Avatar. I was routing for (500) Days of Summer, which tied Hangover as the fan favorite, but I really didn't think the HFPA would pick Hangover. Avatar was another surprise, with all the award talk of Hurt Locker, I was actually kinda surprised.

Anyway, on Feb. 2nd is when the Oscar nominees are announced. The awards are presented on March 7th. So I'll have my picks announced by the end of February. You can email me your picks, and the person with the most correct picks will win a framed 8x10 of their choice from my Shutterstock gallery. If I win, then you get nothin'... HA HA HAA. I haven't decided yet, but I may post picks on my website to keep it honest.

Anywho, haven't heard back from Danielle yet. No sale on Sunday, so streak over. Had a couple really nice sales this morning, including a TIFF on Dreamstime.

Not feeling well today, and so I was looking forward to one of the most awesomest meals, Angela's spaghetti. Somehow I forgot it was my week to cook, but she was willing to make it anyway, just cause she loves me.


So in honor of the great meal, I will talk about Angela's favorite photo, no not Luis's blog pic, but the one above. She thinks she actually likes the un-"flooded" one better, but I like this one, so there. This is an oldie but a goodie. This is actually a re-shoot of the same concept I had the year before. I shot the match four times, unlit, lit, blown out and "dead". I had to do it a few times to get the lighting right behind the match so when I blew it out, the smoke would be nicely lit. I then just created a new file, added all four to it and arranged. The flood came later and is one of the few times the flood program has really added to the picture. Here is another one where I used flood and it seemed to work well...


The pic of the dog yesterday, also. I am still in the free trial period of the flood filter, but I rarely use it. I prefer the melancholytron filter....

Both filters are available from Flaming Pear. Well, Angela is bugging me to get on, she has to see what's up in Portugal. See ya.

1 comment:

Luis Santos said...

lol.. really nice photos! I don't know nothing regarding cs, I use just GIMP for a little cropping, aligning or cloning plates..!