500 Photos

Saturday, January 16, 2010

SHE SAID YES!!!!

I have been planning this day for a long time. Trying to figure out exactly what I would say, when and how I would say it. So yesterday I got up the courage and finally asked, and she said yes. Can you believe it!?! After all this time. However, there is one small glitch... she can't seem to get it open. Yes, that's right. Danielle said she would sign a model release, but now she can't get the file open to sign it. So, I sent her the file again, saved in different formats, but I haven't heard back yet. But last night I started gathering her files that I plan on uploading into a seperate folder so when I do get the release I can just submit and go. So far I have 22 files ready. Using Arcurs keywording program I was able to set the info pretty quick. Later tonight I'll work on some more.

In the meantime, yesterday was "New Recipe Tuesday" (yes, I know it was Friday... ). Angela hadn't planned her dinner fully, so I offered to find a recipe and prep for her, but in the end I ended up making dinner and she got dessert. For the main course I made pork chops that had been marinated in seasoned salt, dried onion, crushed red pepper, black pepper, fresh garlic, and worchechestchishestshire sauce (where in the world is the stupid spell check, I can never remember how to spell "dessert"). I baked it in the oven at 350 for 40 minutes. For the sides I made corn on the cob wrapped individually in foil with two pats of butter and some fresh garlic, baked in the oven. And I also made confetti rice, rice boiled in chicken broth then mixed with diced red and green pepper and a can of sweet peas with a little oregano. I also made rhodes rolls. Angela made baked apples for dessert, which I thought were outstanding.

On the Piedmont front, I announced on iStock and Shutterstock that I will be shooting at the park April 10th. I will have 6 models working TFCD, plus hopefully have the engagement couple. I am limiting the photogs to five others (plus a couple slots for two who are exempt from the limitations, if they wanna come). So, if you're interested on either side of the camera, let me know. As far as models go, I offer to models I've worked with in the past who I believe fit the theme and act professional, then I'll post on model mayhem. I am thinking of Barry, Nick and Tyron for the males. Tina and Danielle, plus one other for the females. Maybe Keisha...


This is Keisha as Dorothy. This was taken Sept. '08 at a shoot I hosted in Atlanta at a studio I will not name (we were told we would have full use of the studio, but they ended up only wanting us to use the white wall and none of the props or furniture in the studio. For that price we could have built and painted our own wall). I was taking each model outside and shooting, since there was a couple groups using the white wall. When I returned in from one, there was Keisha, dressed as Dorothy. I asked her if anyone was about to shoot her and she said no, so I took her outside and started looking around for inspiration. I wanted the yellow brick road, but that is hard to find outside your dreams, but I spotted the yellow stripe on the road in front of the studio, so we headed out. There was construction on a fallen power line behind us, so traffic was being diverted around the block just to my left, so we could safely stand in the road without worry of being hit. I wanted the cars to be closer, but when they saw me shooting they would slow down, I guess they thought they were in the way. This shot was accepted on 123RoyaltyFree, and has sold a few times.

For you Europeans, I sell on Yay Micro. But sales have never been great there so I don't actively upload or promote.

On Feb. 5th I will be shooting behind the scene shots for the movie production of "Exit 101". I have a scene in the movie, but the shot date for it hasn't been announced yet. I have been actively promoting the film via internet and newspaper, and they finally begin principal photography on the 5th.

I am going to leave it at that today.

1 comment:

Luis Santos said...

Hi there! I use also Yuri keyword really good stuff, faster right?..

YAY Micro I contribute there also, two sales for a total of 3EUR :) lol