500 Photos

Monday, January 4, 2010

And the results...

100% in favor of me, with a sidenote warning to watch my back while I'm sleeping. Thanks to Luis, who now has an amazing lead of 3 blog points.

Uploaded 5 photos last night, one rejected for possible copyright infringement, another for focus, but I had three accepted. So my total is now 209. 291 photos to go with 361 days to go.

...

...

...

I am now staring at my keyboard trying to figure out what to say.

...

Avatar is #4 alltime. On pace for #2 easily. Could even be #1 if they keep up their amazing pace. I want to see it again but this time in 3D.

...

...

Had pumpkin chili for dinner last two days. Would have probably finished it one day, but you can only eat so many beans before... you know.

...

Wow, this may be the dullest post I've had yet. Ok, I'll talk about a photographer. Dave Black is a master of light painting. A technique where you have your subject immersed in darkness, take a long exposure and "paint" the scene with flashlights or other kinds of lighting. I'd show a picture here but he has his protected, so if you wanna see an example, go to his site and check it out. Another workshop I would love to attend. I did try my own attempt once:


Never could get it quite right, but practice makes perfect and I hate to practice.

BTW, some site stats, yesterday was my 2nd most read post yet. I have now been read in 11 countries, all of them in Europe or North America, so if you know anyone in Asia, South America, Africa, Australia, or Antartica, give them a ring and tell them to read my blog at least once (and if they do only read it once, have them read one of the better posts).

Well, the girls are up now, so I must go protect anything of value before I let them loose.

1 comment:

Luis Santos said...

I saw it on 3D last saturday and it is superb! :) The bad part 8 eur!