500 Photos

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Engagement Photos

I have been "hired" to do some engagement photos for a former co-worker friend. I've laid out some options for possible locations, locally would be Turtle Park. If she is willing to drive a little, we could always hit Piedmont Park in Atlanta. The vast majority of my people pics are shot at Piedmont Park, it has become one of my favorite locations. The other option would be Providence State Park, also known as the Little Grand Canyon. I am hoping she chooses either Atlanta or Providence, since I could then set up a photo shoot, invite some other photographers and models, and have a big ol' photo shoot shin-dig.

Here is a photo from a trip to Arkansas a few years ago.

Not the greatest, but I love the story behind it. I was sent to Bentonville, Ark. for some training for a couple weeks. The group that was leaving when we got there told us there was an amazing set of caverns up a couple towns to the north and if we didn't do anything else, we just had to visit them. So we made plans for the weekend to visit and got in our big 15 passanger van and headed to the middle of nowhere and found this almost literal hole in the ground. The cavern was nothing like you would expect, twisted down maybe 20-30 feet, and some fake gold coins around some various holes, and this incredibly out-dated talking guide system. We had pushed the first button at the first "station" and it was still talking when we finished the tour and left.

So we decided that the previous group had tricked us into to going, and to get them back, we would tell the next group what an amazing experience it was and that they should go see it. And we did.

On our way back we found a few spots for me to get some photos. A ranger tower you could climb for a quarter, where I got some amazing autumn leaves...


And at a church that was built into the side of a mountain, you could only access by this weaving path down the side of the mountain...


The path down was covered in great statues. And then we found this great little drive through animal zoo thing. We drove through and didn't see anything overly amazing, but at the end, you parked and there was a petting zoo. And in the center was a tiger cage, where they would let you get in and interact with a set of tiger cubs. This is one of the highlights of my life. How many people can honestly say they played with and petted a tiger? I was photographing one up close, trying to get his eyes...


When the other jumped on my back. Now this wasn't a full grown tiger, but this wasn't no kitten either, it probably weighed well over a hundred pounds (that is 32,700 kilograms for you metric people), or least it felt like it with it's claws in you shoulders and mouth "playfully" biting your neck. No one got a shot of it, probably because they were trying to get it off of me.

Here is my Zazzle store. Would have more, but it's irritating having to fill in the title, keywords, and description for every single item.


BTW, yesterday was one of my most read days, not by total count, but by returning visitors.
I would like to welcome Russia to the mix. Май тигр ест ваш перст pinkie пока сидящ в шаре мороженного шоколада.

No comments: