500 Photos

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Watching My Back

The kids are being awfully quiet... wonder if they're planning something. Little evil geniuses in pink dresses.

So I was wandering the net this morning. Former Pres. Johnson ordering pants. Flights to Portugal cheaper then we thought (Angela looked up last night). It's the hotels that get you. Photoshop Disasters. Great little plug-in for photoshop (or can stand alone). Found a tuna recipe for dinner, before I remembered that it's "New Recipe Tuesday" and it's Jon's turn to cook. And this addictive little game...
Monster Truck Trials



At the time of this posting, I was the #1 American on today's scoreboard (17 overall). Calvin and Hobbes.
Danielle responded last night, so hopefully I'll receive back the model release today or tomorrow. Can't wait to watch last night's Castle. Wonder if it's better then their "Double Down" episode.

Got the Olympics coming up, bet my country beats yours.



This is a lighthouse in Massachusetts. Nobska. This was the first lighthouse we hit on the lighthouse tour of '06. I call it "Sunrise at Nobska" despite the fact that it is actually sunset. The colors to me look more sunrisey then sunsetty. There was actually a woman standing next to the man, but I took her out because she looked weird. I left him because he kind of has that "Superhero" pose, a lighthouse keeper looking out to the horizon. He was holding a camcorder or something and I removed that, too. This is a photo that I ignored on my first set of uploads, and found when I checked back through my files. As my skill in Photoshop improves, I go back to old unused photos and see if I can correct them. This is Bass Harbor, Maine....


It was really foggy that day, and I had two lighthouses planned for my trip. The first one was not so great, advertising signs, wires, poles everywhere. Just not a great looking place. Nice museum, though. Bass Harbor was a great little spot. I worked my way down a rocky hill and climbed over the slippery rocks to get out far enough to get a shot. Didn't think it would be great, but this is the shot I blew up to 16x20 and have above our fireplace.

Well, gotta go clean the kitchen before Angela gets home. Make it look like I did something today.

1 comment:

Luis Santos said...

Fog.. interesting, never shoot it! :P