500 Photos

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Indonesia... 17,508 Islands!!!!

That's a lot of islands. Of course, only 6,000 are populated with 231 million people. Indonesia is the fourth most populated country, just behind China, India, and the U.S.
So, welcome Indonesia, to the spectacle that is me. A reader from below the equator.

Luis has been absent for a few days. Maybe spending time with his new niece/nephew.

One of my favorite blogs (besides mine) is the Photoshop Disasters blog. A daily dose of the do nots of photoshop.

I have been tempted lately to move the Piedmont Park shoot to Hilton Head Island. More of a jungle, tropical look, which would be great for Indiana Jones style adventure shoot, and the second half could be beach shoots. I'll decide by end of tomorrow.

Had none of my photos accepted for Shutterstock. Kind of shocking, but after a look with rejection reasons, I could see why.


Did I talk about this photo yet? This is another of my favorites, and the pic most used by me as business cards, headers, promotional stuff. I actually got lucky with this one. I was walking into the kitchen one morning to get breakfast and I saw this golden square of light on the floor. I stopped for a second to think of something I could shoot in it. I started racing through the house and saw this baseball, which happens to be a foul ball from the Yankees. I dropped it into the sunlight laid on the floor and started shooting. I turned it various ways, but in the end got two great photos, seams facing opposite ways, which for the longest times were my #1 and #2 photos, I call 'em "Baseball Left" and "Baseball Right". "Right" has really dropped in popularity, but "left" is my #12 most profitable photo.

Which reminds me, I got to shoot a minor league baseball game once, right down on the field with the players. It was pretty cool. Only got one "useable" shot that day, which is my first photo accepted by Shutterstock. "First Base."



BTW, I post a lot of pictures here, the ones with watermarks you obviously can't steal, but if I don't post a watermarked version, you are free to use it. Please try to credit me, though, gotta keep my street cred up.

Tonight is New Recipe Tuesday. Angela is making dinner, some kind of slow cooked sirloin roast by the looks of it. Cheesy potatoes, and a charged-up green bean of some sort. The dessert will be provided by me, and I have been told I need to keep the cherries from a portion of it due to hatred from someone. Looks good in the recipe, I guess we'll see.
(watch the greatest movie of all time Slumdog Millionaire)

1 comment:

Luis Santos said...

ehehe I am here! checking your posts, have been busy with my nephew :) And also shooting with my new lighting kit! So much fun!

Slumdog great movie!