500 Photos

Friday, January 8, 2010

My Favorite Pic

I was cleaning (helping clean) out the dining room last night, rearranging my photo equipment into a neater pile, when I came across the little photo plastic thingy from my wallet. I had put it in my camera bag in Ohio because thanks to the one to remain nameless, my wallet ended up in the washer and everything was soaked. Thankfully the pics were done at MPIX and the quailty of their paper held up to the treacherous disaster.

Anyway, I came across this picture...


This is one of my alltime favorite photos of mine. It was actually an accident that I captured it, and unfortunately the focus was just off enough not to be useable on stock sites. I was able to decrease the image size and have it accepted by a couple sites, but they are the slow sites and I will probably never see a sale.

I was given permission to set up my background in the dining room and so I was taking photos of my daughters. This is Eliana, she is usually horrible sitting still long enough to get decent photos, but she was pretty decent this day. But I noticed that she was being distracted by the fan off to the side, so an idea (or as Jon says... "ideal") popped into my head. I moved the fan directly in front of her and started shooting. I was thinking I could get one of those "cool" hair care commercial shots where the models hair is blown nicely in the breeze. Eliana instead started sucking in the air (she is not actually screaming here). It wasn't until post processing that I found this great shot.

This shot is now on my business cards and somewhere on my website... I think the contact me page (yelling... communicating... get it?).

So I must get ready for work. At some point I will start shooting something and get back to talking about 500 photos. In the meantime.... I know I get easily distracted from what I am doing, and I will try better to focus on the photography for my blogs. Besides, it's easier to talk about the photography and find a funny tangent then to try to start out on the funny-ness. Blog point to "Fred" from N.C. who skillfully blessed me out that I suck (puts you in second place "Fred").

Oops... gonna be late for work............... no time to proofread....


1 comment:

Luis Santos said...

That's a very good picture :)