500 Photos

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Greece

Welcome Greece. You are the word.


Love me a good gyro, but that's a blog for another day.
Was going in depth on my statcounter page, and found that Twitter and Facebook are the two most popular links to my blog. I had two people find me by searching "Jeanell Norvell" on google. David Hasselhoff Potatoes is by far my most popular post, and was even found with two searches, one for photos. Fred is still reading, he must be subscribing, which is why I didn't see N.C. on my daily stats. The cross processing tutorial is my most popular "tip". "Split Personality" is my most "stolen" photo. And yes, people watch Castle after linking from my page.
Last night was "New Recipe Tuesday". It was Angela's turn. She made an awesome slow roasted sirloin roast. Green bean amandine and slow cooker cheesy potatoes. I made dessert, cherry coffee cake.


I just sold this on Shutterstock. This is Tyron again. He is by far my most sold model. The day of this shoot, my auto-focus went out on my 50mm prime lens, so I was shooting manual focus, which I don't do often and so I am not very good at, my eyes don't want to focus quick enough to tell if subject is in focus. But here is one of my better photos from that day. He looks to me like he is getting ready to remove his shirt to fight you. I made a photoshopped version....


This was real early in my layers learning. For years I edited photos on a single layer, but I decided I needed to learn layers in order to increase my knowledge base. So this was my attempt to extract someone and alter the photo. I simply used the extract filter, cut him out. Duplicated him. The top layer (his cutout) was left unaltered. The layer below (his duplicate cutout) I turned to white and then blurred. The bottom layer I cross processed. Pretty simple. Tyron just loved this photo, and is the reason, I believe, he kept calling me back to do shoots with him.

Well, going to be late for work. So gotta go.

No comments: