500 Photos

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Exit 101... again

For those of you who know, and for those of you who don't know, and probably don't care, I am helping film a movie being produced by a local company, BlackFlight Studios. I act primarily as the behind the scenes photographer, but I also helped with the minor edits of the script, the pre-production promoting, and also on the set setting up lights and being a general flunky. Yesterday I worked at Wal-Mart for 8 hours and left straight over to the set. I stayed there filming until 5am, when I had to go back to work. I went back to work till 2, when I finally got home I had worked a full 27 straight hours. I only took a couple hour nap so that I would be able to sleep tonight to get back up in the morning. So this will not be a long post.

Some pics from the set last night. The newest stuff is on page 3 and 4. Most of last nights behind the scene shots were taken with a Speedlite flash, because of the wider shots for the movie, the lights were further away from the actors, and I wasn't getting crisp enough photos.
This photo was cropped down slightly from the original. I burned the lenses of his glasses because the flash made his eyes visible. I then leveled, curved, darkened a bit, and then increased the contrast a smidgen. I thought that looked pretty good, but looked too simlar to another photo I had already corrected. So I turned on an OptikVerve Filter program called Virtual Photographer. I played with the various filters, and I used one called "spice" because it gave the picture a slightly aged look. This plug-in is one of my favorites, because it has so many different filters, and while you may not find the right look for a photo, it has multiple times inspired me to create my own look.

Only 6 days left to get your picks in for the Office Oscar Pool.

Be my friend on Facebook.

Good Night.

1 comment:

Luis Santos said...

nice photo :) wish you the best!