500 Photos

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Jon's Oreo Cake

Ok, I had to mention it again, it was just plain awesome.

Fred commented on the fact that I haven't been putting my Shutterstock link on my posts, which is a good point. When I think of a good reason why I haven't, I'll let you know, in the meantime, here it is. He also wondered about my food pics. I don't have any, but that is an idea. Back in my early early days, I tried some food pics, and the pics looked so bad I ended up going on a diet. David Smith is a great food photographer. (ignore the naked pic of him playing guitar).

I tell you what Fred, I will attempt some great food shots next Tuesday... which should be good because it's my Tuesday to cook and I can "spiff" it up a little bit. Speaking of, I need to find a recipe.....

Next order of business. I cannot find a decent survey/questionnaire to use for the Oscar contest, so I may have to have a page with the nominees and you simply write an email with your pics. If you want to go ahead and pick here are the nominees and my email. Remember you can win a framed 8x10 from my Shutterstock gallery if you guess the most correct out of all the entrants. Ties will be broken by who guessed the Best Picture correctly, if tied there also, then Best Director, then Best Costume. If you are still tied after that, all tied entrants will win an 8x10. I'll give you a heads up and let you know "Up" will win Best Animated Film.

Not going to spend much time writing, I have some photos to take (what's that? I'm a photographer? Who woulda thunk it?) And I am making dinner. Split Pea Soup, but didn't have any ham, so I baked some porkchops, cubed it up and added some bacon, too.

Here is a photo I took back in the days when I had a couple spare dollars to shoot. Gas being nearly $5 a gallon here was very inspiring, too.

Well, adios.
(BTW I have already made my Oscar choices)

1 comment:

Luis Santos said...

Days ago I saw this picture of yours (money concept) and said to myself, a big true! Great photo :)