500 Photos

Thursday, February 11, 2010

(Your Ad Here)

For $500 per day, I'll title my post anyway you want. Just send it safely to my Paypal address.

In the meantime... I HAD A PHOTO ACCEPTED. You're thinking, big whoop, I get 20 accepted a day. Well, you're not as lazy as I am. I have also submitted 5 more today. Yesterday I was off, so I read and practiced some tutorials. Manly dealing with glowing and brush sets.
I never installed brush sets before, so it was all new to me. I had the basic concept that I wanted him to be holding a glowing orb that was oozing with colors streaming out into the air. The cropping of the original photo limited where I could place him in the photo. I started by extracting him from the original photo. I then placed him on a black background and enlarged the canvas. I played with the levels, curves and contrast to make him to appear to be in a dark room. I then added a soft white glow on the floor to make it appear he was actually somewhere and not just pasted there. I started with a rainbow of colors streaming from his fingers via brush and streaming upward, but it blocked his face so I backed off and decided to go with just a glowing orb. I read some tutorials about glowing orbs and I read about roman.de and his free brush sets. I downloaded the first eight and I then had to learn about installing them. After that I started trying to create my orb. Still wasn't looking like I wanted, soon then I found a tutorial that I cannot refind about creating a new layer of black, hit filter/render/lens flare and change to 105mm prime lens. Use a gradient adjustment (radial) to reduce it to the size you need. Change to hard light, and alter the hue as desired. I then went back and erased the layer on this side of his fingers to make it look more like he was holding it.

The text was just a basic text, with a emboss layer style and an outer glow. I tried to get it to look like it was streaming from the orb, but made it hard to read, so I just straightened it back out and raised it up. That's when I decided to make it look like a sign. I downloaded some chain brushes and created a chain. I realized the text was crooked, but kept it that way because it added a little something. The only other photo was a request from a friend...

For some great tutorials, try Photoshop Lady. They have various levels of skill, and they also give a time that a certain effect would take. I RSS the feed on my homepage, which is my.yahoo.com.

Nothing else to say, except to please join my Oscar Pool. Only 23 days left to get your picks in.
Oh, and shop my Zazzle.
Oh and for your enjoyment....

No comments: