500 Photos

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Day Off

How cool is that? (and I got two in a row). My phone is broken so they can't call me. Life is good.

Speaking of good. Still trying to warm up from that long night of shooting again in sub-freezing temperatures. Got 1400 hits on my Exit 101 photo page. That makes it 6300% more popular then my blog. Maybe I should write my blog, paste it onto a jpg and post it over there. Let me find a pic to talk about.... how about this one...

Tried to create a movie poster, and you can see how well that worked. And the regular readers should know, I am by no means a graphic artist. I might be able to manipulate a photo a little with a 2% chance of it looking good, but designing posters is not my thing. So here you go, anyone that can create a usable movie poster from the photos on the Exit 101 photo page, and we decide to use that poster, will get a credit in the movie. You can even be an extra if you provide your own lodging and transportation and meals and are willing to lie on the ground pretending to be dead for 10-12 hours in sub-freezing temps. 

Oscars only a few days away, hit the link to the right to make your pics and win a prize. 

On a personal note, I have never really listened to my sister, but she made a comment on the number of tuna cans in my cupboard, and noted I should try making it with barbecue sauce instead of mayonnaise. I tried it last night, not because she said it, but because I opened the cans and realized I was out of honey mustard dressing (mayonnaise allergy in the house). So I tried the barbecue, and it was actually pretty good. In fact, Angela didn't even know it was tuna, she thought it was pulled pork. 

Let's see...mentioned the movie... the Oscars... posted a pic.... made a personal comment... guess that about wraps it up. Oh, wait. New Recipe Tuesday has been delayed for a week due to Michelle being out-of-town, it's her turn to cook and she can't get off that easy.

Guess I should mention the photos sites... Shutterstock sales for me were incredibly horrible for the month of February... and it's not looking good for March, either. Dreamstime and iStock remain atop the list as I had some of my best months ever with them, especially Dreamstime. BigStock has been a BigDisappointment since they were purchased by Shutterstock. Usually a good seller for me, I have now sold only 10 photos since the purchase, even CanStock is outselling them. 

Well, it's time for me to shove stuff into closets to make it look like I cleaned today. Until tomorrow, make a poster, make your pics, and make a comment.

No comments: