500 Photos

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ya miss me?

Ok, didn't feel like blogging yesterday, and to be honest, kinda tired right now. Thanks to everyone who wished me happy birthday and pooey on the ones who didn't. Happy belated birthday to Luis, who mentioned it a few posts back but I kept forgetting to mention it.

All ten of my shutterstock photos were rejected, which I find strange. All for lighting, and some for cropping. The cropping ones I can't do anything about, but I'll test the color balance on a couple of the lighting ones and see if I can "fix" the problem. All the others sites have been accepting without problem.

I plan on adding a link box over to the right there so I don't have to keep bugging you about stuff like the Oscar Challenge, which looks like I am going to win simply because only two people have made picks and she doesn't know anything about these movies.

The movie shoot went great. Even got a model release back from one of the actors, so I will take a closer look at his pics.

Not really much else to say, don't have a photographer page or blog to refer you to. I guess I can talk about a pic. How about one from the shoot? (you can see the rest of the pics here)

This (to me) is one of the coolest behind the scene shots from the movie. This next photo is where I started when Doug was setting up. Daniel (the actor) of course decided to smile for the camera, but I was looking for a more candid type shot.

Doug had the camera level with the desk, panning up and down as Daniel pretended to write in the ledger. I didn't care for the lighting from this side, so when Doug switched angles, it allowed me space to swing around to the other side and get a profile shot with the light behind him. I kept the photo kind of yellow, because the photo was supposed to be a scientist in the 60's writing in a blog, and the yellow kind of set the mood right. I did not even notice the light switch just on the edge in the back until after I had posted on SmugMug. I'll correct at some point. One line error someone can "intelligently" point out while watching the film with friends. The barcode on his badge may have been invented in 1949 by Wallace Flint, but it did not receive commercial use until 1974. The government first started using barcodes in 1981. So here in 1969, the chance that this scientist really had a barcode on his badge was very, very slim (but hey, they are supposed to super advanced and intelligent scientists).

Ok, used up my nerd knowledge for the day. Not shooting the movie this weekend, but will pick it back up next weekend. The shoot I had planned for Piedmont Park will be switched to Hilton Head Island on April 10th, weather permitting. We will hit an old cemetary with Revolutionary War graves (if I remember correctly). Then will hit some of the tropical style trees that the island is covered with. And for a finally, we will hit the beaches and get some bikini shots, girlfriend permitting.

Ok, going to watch a movie and fold laundry. "Serious Moonlight".

1 comment:

Luis Santos said...

SS is a crazy one.. :P Best seller ok, but sometimes reject a lot, sometimes accept all, I really don't mind, keep on uploading!