500 Photos

Thursday, February 18, 2010

HuckleBerry

Added new link box to the right over there ---->

But I forgot to add a couple links, like the Hilton Head Photoshoot link, and a link to my "Exit 101" movie photos. Speaking of, I do not have the proper authority to do this, but I am going to try anyway. Anyone that can make a movie poster (that we actually use) from the photos on my "Exit 101" photo page will receive a Art Designer credit at the end of the film. This is a non-paying gig, just a chance to get your name on the big screen. I will be shooting the main cast on the 27th, so hopefully by the 28th, you will have a large crop of photos to work with. Anyone interested can email me for a general synopsis of the film so you can get a general idea of what the film is about.

But anywho. New Recipe Tuesday, Thursday Style. It was moved to Thursday to accommodate a work schedule. Jon made a Swiss cheese and stuffing coated chicken that was very moist and tender. He also tried to make some bread in the breadmaker, the crust was a little stiff, but the innards was good. For dessert he made banana pudding, but the difference was he added cream cheese to the mixture, very tasty. Angela's turn is next. Our cupboard contains 15 cans of tuna, some kidney beans, a can of pineapple, a huge can of tomato sauce, and several boxes of Mini Shredded Wheat cereal. Can't wait to see what she whips up.

Going to work on some photos for the actors I worked with this past weekend. I took them outside and got some shots. I had them stand with the sun to their side, and I was using my flash as a fill, but I didn't realize until later that my batteries in my flash were wearing down and it wasn't going off but maybe every 5th or 6th photo. So they are brightly lit on one side, and very shadowy on the other. The LCD was too difficult to see outdoors so I wasn't checking it and failed to catch the problem.

I don't normally read Field and Stream, as I am not that outdoorsy, but the cover shot has caught my eye everytime I go to Jon and Michelle's house (Michelle is apparently an avid reader, as her name is on the label). You can see the cover shot here, and an article about the lead story (but you will have to get the magazine to read the article). The shot is of an Alaska backcountry trapper. The shot on the cover is of Marty, the sun to his back, two lights to either side, and the camera at about waist high. Is gives him a bigger then life look, and a general toughness that seems to fit his profession. I am only half way through the article, about a columnist who trails Marty for a week and finds himself lost in the vast emptiness of Alaska. Anyway, the reason I bring this up is because 1- I think the article and photos are pretty cool and I think you should buy a copy to help support great writing and photography. 2- Something about that photo makes me want to duplicate it. And that is what I will try to accomplish at this next shoot. I'll have the 350 watt bulbs up and to the side in the rear, and my 400 watt bulbs in soft boxes towards the front and to the side. I will shoot from about waist high and see how it goes. I will get the group, then get them individually. I will also try the one light style that was prominent in the first group of shots.

Don't have anything else to say. If you have a photographer or blog you think I would like, or would like me to pass on, let me know. Sometimes the best stuff comes word of mouth.

Until next time, HuckleBerry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since you have all that Tuna why not add barbeque sauce instead of Mayo its so good try it out.