500 Photos

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

New Recipe Tuesday

Ok, today is the day. My day for New Recipe Tuesday. Last time I made garlic rubbed porkchops with garlic corn on the cob. For today, I have made a sweet pork chili. I made it Sunday night to slow cook overnight, then I let it set in the fridge till just a few moments ago and I am slowly reheating. I am giving the flavors a chance to meld. Chili and lasagna are two things that are better a day later. The chili has 8 cubed pork chops, corn, black beans, kidney beans, onion, garlic, sage, red pepper, cinnamon, brown sugar, honey, diced tomatoes and pineapple. After I first cooked it, it was a little bland, so I kicked it up a notch... BAM... with a few teaspoons of chili powder and it is out of this world. And now that it has had time to set and meld, I am hoping that it retains it's awesomeness. Smells great. Going to be making some honey cornbread to go with it.

I see the 44th Super Bowl is now the most watched TV show ever. Which is pretty amazing if you think of the reason why. Watching the scores, I wished I could have seen it. But anyway, back in th 70's when MASH was on, there was only three stations, so the chance of someone watching your show was pretty good. So when MASH ended with 105 million or so watchers, that was great. But with the hundreds of stations competing now, the chance of a show getting close is pretty slim, even with an event like the Super Bowl. So when 106 million people tuned in, that is a big deal. As always, watched the commercials on Youtube the day after, and here is my favorite...

Someone actually downloaded my photo of my desk...  Probably trying to find the nail clippers.... if you look between the Christmas cookie container and the glass of cola, you'll see the green handle of the nail clippers. They're on their side so a little hard to see.

Got my second contestant in the Oscar Pool. She admitted that she really tried on the bigger point categories, but just picked cute names on the lesser valued ones.

Was going to work on the Jax photo this morning, so if you read this, come back later and I will edit this post with that pic right there ---->(if anyone has come back to check on it, my CD has a scratch on it and I am trying to recover some photos, so it may take longer then expected)

Joe McNally. You just have to check it out. Excellent work. Someone to look up to.

Off to work on the photo. Ta ta

No comments: