500 Photos

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hey Look, It's George Lucas!!!

Yeah... right.

Movie making. What can I say? It's long periods of sitting around waiting followed by brief moments of sitting around very quietly waiting. We shot for 6 hours last night. Well, we shot about 20 seconds of film during a 6 hour period last night. I got a little experience slate-boarding, a lot of experience lighting, and more experience then I could ever use being really quiet. Pretty much you hold the board in front of the focal point of the shot, when the director calls "slate" you drop the clacker and pull out of the scene and stand very quietly until the scene is over. You then erase the take number, increase by one and continue over and over. The lighting is pretty much the same as photography, you play with it until you get what you want. The sound guy keeps saying that the sound is amazing, but I am deaf in one ear, so that doesn't mean much to me. Did get a few behind the scenes shots. Not as many as I wanted, since I was helping with the production.
This is Joseph Lavender. The writer/ former director/ producer/ actor of our production "Exit 101". We shot with him what we like to affectionately call "scene 7" and "scene 8". Or reshoot, rather, since last weeks was rendered useless by unseen dust on the lenses.

We spent the first few hours trying to get everything set up, with a large chunk of that time spent looking at a computer trying to figure the sound out. And we probably would have shot a little longer last night, but someone (not me) forgot the power cable to the camera so when the battery died, so did the production for the night. I will be leaving here in a few to shot for today at a chemical lab with three actors. Hoping to get some great shots here.

Anywho, has two more photos accepted at Shutterstock, bringing my total to 221, with 320 something days to go.

Don't forget to sign up for Oscar Challenge.

No comments: