500 Photos

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Numbers To Beat

A: I want to apologize to those of you who wake up in the morning and expect a new post from me. I know I am like your coffee, but I was just too tired to spell this morning. But then... I am always too tired to spell.

2: Normally I would be at work right now, but the little one was running a fever so I was volunteered to take her to doc. Now I am waiting for Angela to get home so I can return to work.

III: I used my deep fryer I got for Christmas for the first time last night. I am now taking donations to help me buy bigger clothes because I am going to be eatin' a lot of fried foods. Best. Fries. Ever.

Four: I need to watch how much I talk about movies because this could easily become a movie blog. I am a huge movie freak. Don't care for horror/slasher films, though I do occasionally watch one (which is wierd, because I am currently helping shoot "Exit 101", a zombie film). I prefer rom-coms and epic adventures, Avatar, While You Were Sleeping, Forrest Gump. I enjoy independent dramas as well, Bella, The Good Life, Lars and the Real Girl, for instance.

Next: I have nothing to say here, just wanted to see how many ways I could make a point.


Ok, running over my Shutterstock history.
Started in May '05.
I am (as of 3:39pm) currently three sales from my best month this year.
My best month ever was 78 back in August of '08.
My best day was May 23, 2007 with 15 sales (just returned from shooting lighthouses in Maine)
My longest streak of 'consecutive days with a sale' is 20, set during August-September of '07. I also sold 37 out of 38 days during that time, too.
My most downloaded photo is "Cart Myrtle":


My most profitable picture is "Nubble Wave":


Nubble Wave is about to be taken over by my most hated picture "Empty Roll":


I hate this photo because it's crooked, bad shadows, bad lighting, bad memories. For some reason, I get a lot of sales. And it bugs me everytime. Should I take it down? NO! That'd be money down the drain. I'll just keep sucking it up.

BTW, I have now sold 10 photos of the dice and have made 806% profit from the purchase of them.

So anyways, I'll be back tomorrow (but maybe after work)

1 comment:

Luis Santos said...

Nice post I have enjoyed it a lot :) keep up!

I saw Avatar in 3d, beautiful...:)