500 Photos

Friday, December 11, 2009

And so it begins...

I have been on shutterstock.com for years, May 19th, 2005 to be exact. I have slowly added new photos, a couple here, a couple there. Mostly scenics; lighthouses, animals and the such. I tried people photos, which tend to sell better, but I am horrible with people. I bring Angela, my girlfriend, with me to help pose, or to bounce ideas off of, even then I don't get very many "sellable" photos.

So, having watched Julie & Julia, a film inspired by Julie Powell and her blog about cooking through Julia Child's cookbook in one year, I had the crazy idea to cook through a cookbook, too. But instead of Julia Child's, I choose Alton Brown. But then I woke up this morning and thought to myself, why cooking? I like to cook, but it's not my passion. I am passionate about photography. For the last couple years, I have made resolutions to get 500 photos online by the end of that year, but that is as far as it goes.

This blog will chronicle my "adventure" to 500. I will pop out ideas, link to other great photographers, upload photos, and hopefully give you a laugh or two. But mostly, I want to build a routine in my photography that will hopefully help me overcome my laziness.

As so it begins. With your help and inspiration, I want to grow my tiny portfolio of 193 photos to the big ol' 500. I have 385 days, with 307 photos to go.

1 comment:

Terry Straehley said...

As of this moring, I'm at 250, after 2.5 years on SS. I think you have a great goal. I'm going to follow your blog to see if I can get there too by 1 Jan 2011.