500 Photos

Monday, December 28, 2009

I'm Back

Got out of work Thursday. Drove 8 out of 10 hours. Brokenly slept for about an hour. Arrived at Angela's parents in Ohio. Tried to sleep on couch. Just about to doze off. Angela's mom starts cleaning living room and bringing presents out to put under tree. No more sleep. Christmas day. Start to get drowsy around 2. Few hour nap. Take family photos and play games. Play Scrabble on DS until 1am. Sleep till 3:30 when dad comes to kitchen and starts doing dishes. Mom follows. They leave, sleep a couple more hours. Brother gets up to get ready to go snowboarding. Leaves, but ends up in driveway honking horn to direct friends parking job. Kids up. Hang around house. Go to Wal-Mart. Come home. Eat. Start packing car for trip home. Leave around 10pm. Take turns trying to sleep and drive. Home around 8am Sunday morning. Kids up. Angela sleeps. I keep kids occupied. I nap around 1ish. Up at 4. Make dinner (baked pork chops smothered in Tony Roma's Hickory sauce, then I squeezed an orange over it and baked a little longer with orange slices on chops) Up till midnight working on family photos. Sleep for what feels like 10 seconds. Kids up. Type out blog. Get ready for work.... so on and so forth.

Moral of the story... I'm tired so stay outta my way.

But seriously.

No stock photos this weekend. I have fallen below an average of 1 per day. But now Christmas is over (did get a tripod, so that'll make life a little easier) and I'll have some more time to concentrate on photos.

(500) Days of Summer. Great Film.
Avatar. Awesome film.
Castle. Great show.
Firefly. Awesome show.

One of the first photographers I followed was Jason Q. Tran. He has people skills I envy. I tried to copy a style of his where he has a groom or bride in the foreground acting normal, and everyone else in the background being ninjas or just acting crazy. Result:

But anyways. Time to get ready for work. I'll be back tomorrow. Hopefully with a new stock photo.

No comments: