500 Photos

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bad Memory

This sucks, because the other day I found a really cool link, and like an idiot, I did not bookmark it, and now for the life of me I cannot remember it when I am ready to share. Hopefully it will come to me by the end of this posting.

One of the biggest successes that came out of New Recipe Tuesday was Angela's Awesome Enchiladas. She made them again today, and they are still AWESOME!!! As I sit here, I am contemplating warming up the leftovers and eating them now instead of saving them for work tomorrow.

My NCAA bracket was one of the worst I have ever played. But, oddly enough, I can still end up in second place if Duke wins their next game, and loses the finals.

Listening to Sparatica as I write this, or type this I guess. They are currently in the studio laying out their debut album. Kinda excited. Maybe I'll have some of the photos I took appear as an album cover. And if their tour hits Hawaii, I get to tag along as official photographer. Of course I'll probably have to pay my own way, but I'd do it.

Ok, did some more Exit 101 pics last night. It's the Hitchhiker meets the Pizza Guy scene and also the Main Cast meets the Hitchhiker scene. Here is a sample pic:
My memory is still blotchy, but I think it had something to do with a photo I was working on the other day. Speaking of, I have been using the pen tool, after years of ignoring it, I have decided to give it a try, and I am pretty happy with the results. Little time consuming with the finer details, like hair, but worth it.

Here is a comp of a Spartica pic. Was just playing around with a photo and came up with a decent look for the lead vocalist, so I decided to make a "poster" pic of each member of the band. Here is my favorite:
Learned the "glowing orb" trick with a Tyron Coachman photo I did a couple months ago. Added streaks of green lightning. The rest is pretty basic, cloud filter over black, text with gradient. A gradient overlay layer over the entire photo, but just under the guy. Another member I did in a corny way of looking like he is fading into being from lava. The female I will go back and add music notes to the background. The other guy I could not for the life of me think of a concept, so just started playing around and ended up with the flying ninja-like star.

Ok, this is going to bug me all night. I will try to think of it and post it tomorrow (most likely Tuesday, to give you warning, Fred). Here is a post to a photoshop magazine subscription. Isn't ridiculous how expensive these things are? Ok, well, good night.

No comments: