500 Photos

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

VisionMongers

Was just watching a live interview with Zack Arias, and this was a book he recommended reading. I have not read it, but with my BigStock payment I should receive in the next couple days I plan on getting it. The interview can be found at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/danesanders-tv, I believe he should have the replay up by the time you read this. Zack talks about finding your niche, overcoming fears, and what equipment he would use if this was his first day ever shooting. Lot of great questions, and a lot of great insight from a guy I highly respect. He mentions a few blogs you should read on a daily basis (mine did not make the cut), as well as some books to read.

I am feeling better, as well as Eliana. The little one and now Angela are getting hit hard with it. So far, I think Larissa got the worst end of it, she managed to get every symptom while the rest of us just got a couple. Thanks for prayers and well-wishes.

Starting to get pumped for the Hilton Head shoot. Hope to get plenty of great shots, and model releases so I can start uploading to get back on track to 500.

One thing Zack said that kind of made me kind. He said the reason he has a studio is to separate his work from his home life. When he is at the studio, he is at work, when he is at home, he is off the clock. When I am at home, I am with the kids, so I am playing parent, so any photography comes second. But when I go off to shoot a band, or shoot the movie, I take hundreds of photos, because I am business. What I need is a spot to call my own, that I can separate my home and photography. I guess I can dream.

I am actually listening to the interview again as I write this. I am pausing to take notes. Most of you ignore my links, but I really suggest this one, especially if you have not really gotten your photography business off the ground. Might even link over on the right there... just that good.

Here's a great pic from Zack that he twittered a couple days ago.... (I hope he doesn't mind me posting)

No comments: