500 Photos

Friday, March 19, 2010

Lazy Blogger

First I was a lazy photographer, now I'm a lazy blogger, too. Actually, I have been somewhat busy and incredibly tired, and I have just not had the energy to sit back and create my masterpiece of the day.

First, I am now read in 34 countries and 5 continents.

Second, y'all are probably tired of me promoting Exit 101 the movie, but since I am the official behind the scenes photographer, every second I get to promote the film I will. So go to SmugMug and see some of the photos. After all, the bigger the movie gets, the better payoff it has for me in the end. I'm not talking monetary, but in terms of contacts and experience.
This is one of the "rednecks", Buddy, who, as you can see here, does not fare well against his foe. I leveled and curved, and then adjusted brightness down a tad while increasing contrast. I created a second version that you see here that I applied a HDR action to.

Speaking of Exit 101 and popularity, since I have a Exit 101 page on my website, I can see the visitor info (city, country) and there are a LOT of people searching for the movie and finding my website. Not just here in the USA, but England, Australia, Asia. The word of mouth on this movie is starting to gain some international support. It may never reach the levels of Paranormal Activity or Blair Witch, but just to know that people out there are excited and anticipating the movie I am helping to create makes me feel good.

In a March Madness bracket pool. Currently in 4th out of the 12 people playing. Georgetown's loss really hurt me, but as long as Syracuse can make it to the finals I am ok.

The photo shoot on Hilton Head Island is starting to finally come together. I have 3 of the 5 photogs lined up, with 1 pending. 3 of the 8 models are confirmed with 3 pending. Go here for more details.

New Recipe Tuesday has dropped by the wayside. I hoped it inspired some of you to try new stuff and cook outside your comfort zone on occasion. A couple of the recipes I learned I am still using. I will be attempting homemade pierogies tomorrow. Pretty simple, 16oz sour cream, mix with 3 cups flour and roll out. Cut out 3 inch circles, fill with mashed potatoes and other stuff such as cheese, bacon, chives, onions, or whatever you like. Fold over into moon shape and pinch edges together. Boil 4 minutes, then pan fry to brown.

I am suddenly getting a lot of requests for photo sessions. I have a headshot session, a band, and a mother and daughter session. Here is a headshot I took of myself. I like it, but because I was self-photographing, the focus is just off slightly. Couldn't seem to get it spot-on.
Ain't I a handsome bugger? Calm down ladies... I'm taken.

Well, I will try to do better with my blogging. I feel better about doing it since I started writing todays blog. Until next time, it's time for so long.

1 comment:

Luis Santos said...

eheheh watch out Angela! :P