500 Photos

Thursday, September 9, 2010

5 New Ones... YIPPEE!!!

I know I don't write as often as I should, especially since this blog started out as a motivation to get 500 this year. Looking slim at this point. However, I will continue to post as I get ideas, that in turn help my 3 readers generate their own ideas.

Today I had 5 accepted by Shutterstock. All 5 were similar in nature. A wine glass with water and food coloring added, and then inverted. Inverting the photo gave the bland color of the dye a neon look, and of course reversing red gives green, blue to orange and so on. Here is a photo, I left half original and half inverted to kind of show how it was created.


As you can see, inverting the blue dyed water with white background, gives a kind of fire water look with a black background. This photo is one where I dropped an ice cube in while shooting high speed too.

On both sides, facing in, and angled slightly backwards is a couple close-up lights. On the camera is my speedlite with diffuser. Behind my, jumping on my back and yelling at each other, are my daughters. One trying to question me dropping an ice cube into the blue water, the other late for a nap and super irritable.

Anyways, got a book-signing with Bobby Bowden Sunday, as well as a Sunday church dinner, theme... cajun. Work in between. Ah well, at least I am 5 closer.

Nighty night

No comments: