500 Photos

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Old Alabama Town

Ok, we went to this little tourist attraction trap called Old Alabama Town. A bunch of old buildings with some historic value, and the occasional artifact. I was able to get a few decent shots, and I used the time practicing with the various angles of my speedlite. If we did a self guided tour, we would have been able to see the blacksmith, weavers, cobblers, and so-on, but the lady at the front desk called down to the first building and made sure we hit the "last guided tour of the day". So we thought fine. Turns out that guided tour was just for one building, so when we made it back around to the "working" district, everyone had gone home for the day.
All in all, if you're a history buff, it may be worth it if you go early enough. Photography wise, you may get a few good shots. Got kids, don't go.


I didn't get to go to the zoo here either, the rest of family went while I worked, however, I hear they are renovating and therefore not very many animals and the few they did have are caged up.

So anywhos. Gonna go and work a few photos, then head to work.

No comments: