500 Photos

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Where have I been?

It has been awhile, hasn't it? I am now in Alabama, and much to my surprise, I am enjoying it here. I have joined the Shades Valley Camera Club. I have created a bookfair to support the Children's Hospital of Alabama, which has a Star Wars theme, and will be centered around some members of the 501st Legion. I am enjoying my job at Books-a-Million. And I like the house we are living in.

I don't remember what I wrote in my last post, which was written while I was still in Georgia, I believe. I was going to write a tribute to my father on Father's Day, but I didn't, because I found it too difficult. I may try it later on.

I have read several books since I started at BAM. They have an associate check-out program, where you can check the books out of the store like a library, and return them when you're done. I have Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential (very interesting). I read Stephen King's Under the Dome (book excellent, ending horrible). I started Richard Castle's Heat Wave, but ended up stopping because it was basically an existing episode of the show with the names changed. I started the Stieg Larsson books, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and currently The Girl who played with Fire. Both are excellent, stay up late and keep reading type books. I can't wait for the American versions of the movie to come out. Daniel Craig is playing Mikael Blomvkist.

I have had one photo uploaded to Shutterstock. I have not been taking to many photos since I started helping with the movie Exit 101. I am hoping the camera club will help with that. So I have about 4 months and 271 photos to go. I really need to get on the ball. Being in a larger city will help when it comes to time-for photos, the model base here is quite large, and there are some amazing places to shoot. One is Sloss Furnace.

Anywho, I am not going to write a lot at this very moment. I am going to try to write more often, see maybe if I can get back on my daily routine.

I'm going to leave you with this little video about Angela and myself working extra jobs due to our kids...

No comments: